Owned and managed by New Zealand’s largest and most experienced franchise group, Hire-A-Hubby are the nation’s favourite handyman franchise.
The business was founded in Melbourne in 1998, and the name
Hire-A-Hubby has grabbed media attention from the very beginning.
Our founder was a very handy father-of-four in need of extra funds. When a friend of his wife watched him working on their house and quipped, “Could I hire your hubby please?” Hire-A-Hubby was born and quickly grew!
A household name, today the business is New Zealand’s first choice for professional home maintenance, building, repair and renovation services. With more than 12,000 regular customers and over 70,000 jobs undertaken annually, our yearly sales currently exceed $8 million NZD – and demand continues to increase.
Our system has won multiple awards, and we’re the only handyman franchise currently servicing the entire country. Our mission is to provide repair, renovation and building solutions to our customers – everything from maintenance to makeovers.
Most recently, Hire-A-Hubby won the following awards:
- Home Services Best Franchisee 2014/15 (Westpac NZ Franchise Awards).
- Home and Lifestyle Services Best Franchisee of the Year 2014/15 (Westpac NZ Franchise Awards).
A number of circumstances have enabled Hire-A-Hubby to flourish, and all are worldwide trends expected to continue into the future:
- There has been a significant decrease in the number of young people pursuing trade-based employment.
- This in turn has produced a major skill shortage, which government initiatives are a long way from addressing.
- Additionally, women are marrying later and spending more time single. Many need to hire someone to assist with stereotypical male tasks.
- Men are also becoming less inhibited about getting someone else in to fix things around the home.
- Longer work hours and additional time pressures have produced a more general trend towards “outsourcing” repair and maintenance work, enabling people to have more leisure time.
We also provide comprehensive training, sophisticated management systems, nationwide advertising and ongoing support.